Browse the recipes. Discover tonight's dinner.
Sandwiches & Wraps
Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Liquid smoke to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (optional)
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread, sliced
- 16 slices of Cache Valley® Applewood Bacon Cheddar or Southwest Pepperjack Singles Sensations®
- 3 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1/2 stick of Cache Valley® Butter
Melt butter in a medium-size skillet. Sauté onions for a few minutes, then add jalapeños, ketchup, sugar and liquid smoke. Simmer for an hour or so. Feel free to doctor up this sauce as you like. Want it sweeter? Add more sugar. Want it spicier? Add more jalapeños.
Smoke pork shoulder for 3 to 5 hours at 210° F (internal meat temperature of 150° F) in a smoker. Remove, and wrap in aluminum foil. Let sit for about 12 hours. Remove excess fat from pork. Using two forks, shred remaining meat into large bowl. Mix in barbecue sauce.
On a hot griddle, lightly brown 2 slices of buttered sourdough bread. Put a slice of cheese on each slice. Then, add pulled pork. Finally, complete the sandwich, and cook until cheese is melted. Remove from
heat, and enjoy.